Is this thing still even active??

Posted by Miasong on Thursday, July 03, 2014 with No comments
Some of my friends often ask me if this blog is still active... and I just give them an honest reply - No. You guys might be wondering as to why but I was never a serious blogger. You can be witnesses to that since as you can see, what I'm doing is just giving you a brief description of some notable modelers and then flood you with pictures, if not, give you a post of what my hauls are or what not.

I really never expected people to contact me and ask me about stuff that I have featured in my blog (such as toy stores) or any advice I could share to them as they start their collection. Maybe I never see my blog as such. 

Some of you might ask, why update it now? Well, there are three reasons:

1. I had a push from a friend who wanted assistance in advertising his new business.
2. A scout from a TV show contacted me and showed interest on the hobby as well as a few who wanted directions to a store that I previously featured. (which just means that people still do visit the page/ blog)
3. Due to the recent changes/ development in life, I'd like this blog to keep me in check with my goals... (since I feel so unaccomplished over the past years)

The blog as you have noticed, has a new look to it. I'm just trying to put more effort to it... rather than just set up a blog and then post something. You might notice this picture which was the logo i used before:



So I've decided to get rid of that, and put some effort into making a new logo, and I thank pixlr.com since I don't have Photoshop installed on my new laptop. Along with getting rid of the old logo, I've also deleted some posts and pages, as well as cleared some of the widgets just to keep it simple and appear somehow professional. LOL

With the new look/ arrangement, I'm also hoping to give you a new style of blogging where there's sense to each post- this time, I'm not limiting it to just Toy Collection, but also places that I've been to, restaurants/ cafes, possible reviews or just my opinion on games and stuff.. and a lot more. I can also make review or just feature toy stores to help those few who have reached me seeking advice as to where to buy their stuff (speaking of which, I may need to update the post on Next Star since I keep getting questions as to where is it located and as to the kind of stuff they're selling). I just do hope I can find the time to do so since right now I'm still looking for ways to improve how my blog appears on the web.

With that said, I'm working my ass trying to get more info for the next things to feature... and to name a few:

Tomo Cafe (credits to Deby Marianae Gilos for the picture)

Hobby Shaft (I think I'll do a short post about this)

My recent Banaue experience

I'm also looking forward to visit these places again so I can share to you the wonderful experience as well:

Bohol

Camotes

Bantayan

Tacloban (It's sad what disaster Typhoon Haiyan brought to this place)

Kawasan



I'm not getting any younger so I really wanted to live life to the fullest (explore places and the like).. I've made the first step this year where I spent a week in Banaue and hopefully everything will go well with the upcoming trip to Hong Kong (this will be the first time I'll be travelling alone... and outside the country).

I'm also looking forward to some "extreme" activities such as:

 The "Plunge" - Danao ECO Park - Bohol

So what about the hobby? Well, I'm still into the "toy collection" thing although I've made a shift after the release of "bootleg kits". I also think that there is no return of investment when it comes to buying Gundam kits since they regularly reproduce those, if not reissue them. I'm not really buying Gundam kits for the sake of selling them in the future, but there are just times wherein you have to sacrifice and let go of your precious collection to fund something important. I think it's getting worse with the rise of bootlegs.

So to give you a quick tour with my collection, here it is:



When I was still sharing the room with my sister (year 2007 or so)








This is how it looked like when I found myself a pad (year 2008)








 After a few months, I've managed to have them displayed on a glass cabinet..









What really surprised me was when a friend of mine sent a screenshot of a guy posting his collection on one of the Gundam groups in facebook using this photo:


I had mixed emotions back then since I was happy that someone actually appreciated my collection, and knowing that he is getting a number of "likes" and as well as a bit mad since you don't get the credit for it. Anyways, I didn't get into this hobby just to be appreciated or what.. this hobby gives me a sense of fulfillment or achievement. Also, there's really no point to be mad or hold a grudge on a person who's having his time just enjoying the picture.. I still have the real figures though.. unless he steals the actual figures, then that would be a different case.

Moving forward, did you even notice the change as time passes? If you'll check, I was into gashapons, then Marvels, some action figures, then transformers, and then Gundams. The cabinets and how they were displayed changed too. Now, here's the new change in the line-up as well as the display cabinet:









I'm hoping I'll be able to keep this up. See you guys soon and that'll be all for now. :) Seig Zeon!!